Do you drink enough water to have clear acne free skin? Staying hydrated is very important for many bodily functions such as circulation, digestion, excretion and healthy acne free skin. Adequate water improves the excretion of unwanted toxins and chemicals, which in turn improves complexion, boosts radiance and helps reduce acne breakouts.
We are exposed to internal waste products and external toxins that we need to metabolise and flush out:
Waste products from within our bodies – hormones, damaged cells, urea, microbes, salts, bacteria etc.
Toxins from the external environment – pollution, pesticides, cleaning products, cosmetics etc
The internal waste products that have the biggest impact on our skin is excess hormones which can be affected by many factors such as:
- Specific foods
- Genetic predisposition
- Lack of exercise
- Chronic stress
- Not enough water
- Poor circulation
- Lack of regular bowel movements
- Impaired liver function
The external toxins come from air pollution, fruit and vegetable sprays such as pesticides, herbicides and insecticides, synthetic home fragrances, cosmetic products, household cleaning products etc.
- The highest concentration of toxic exposure for most people is in your own home:
- Carpet is constantly degrading turning into microscopic fibres we breathe in
- Most standard cleaning products are packed with harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde
- Our shoes pick up many toxins and chemicals then we walk them through the house
- home fragrances such as toilet sprays, air fresheners, fly spray etc
The best solution to help your body flush all the unwanted waste products and toxins:
- Opt for genuine natural cleaning, cosmetic and fragrant products
- Get rid of old carpets
- Don’t wear shoes inside
- Vacuum and mop regularly
- Open your house daily for fresh air – ensure good air flow
- Have lots of plants inside
- Drink plenty of water from a good source
- Eat a clean healthy diet
- Get plenty of exercises
- Decrease stress
- Get adequate sleep
Be sure to drink enough water every day to flush out all the waste products and toxins to maintain healthy clear acne free skin.